Monday, October 1, 2007

Talking to Myself

Why blog? Well, I am a stay at home mom (SAHM) with 4 great kids but conversations always seem to revolve around Lego Bionicles, Barbie, Dora Dora Dora the EXPLORER, Hot Wheels, Hot Wheels Acceleracers, Strawberry ShortCake, Barbie Island Princess, Barbie as Rapunzel...And that is just my husband!

No really no one is interested in the really exciting things I have to say like how 2 socks + 1 washing machine = 1 sock. Or how to add zucchini and carrots to fruit smoothies and your kids won't even taste them.


So I found that I have been talking to myself. At first I thought, thats okay everyone talks to themself. Finally, I realized I needed help when I started thinking what I was saying was interesting! I needed real grown up human contact. I needed to make friends, other women who had similiar interests. Moms who wanted to discuss the best way to get little susie potty trained or how to list your used items on ebay, how to use the left overs from last nights roasted butternut squash, or how to create a website with a 1 year old banging on the keyboard. But sadly the parks kinda lonely after dark! I don't really have much extra time during the waking hours for socializing. So it was either the looney bin or at least find someone I could say I was talking too.


So here I am friends, talking to you. I hope your day is peaceful, your night is long and your husband treats you to a free trip to the coffee shop....alone!

Take care.

No comments:

Birthday Party Supplies